Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Endings

I had a bad relationship with a toe-up sock. I tried; I took it to the gusset increases and started wrapping my brain around the heel flap. This took four weeks, but it should've taken three days. Today I decided the sock had too much bad mojo and I ripped. it. out. I love knitting socks, I can knit top-down socks in my sleep, but I have decided the toe-up socks, for me, just aren't worth it.

SO I started work on a prayer shawl for a dear sweet lady named Hazel. Hazel lost her husband to Alzheimer's years ago, and in recent years she has moved from her home to an assisted-living home. She's had some set-backs, and only recently had she begun getting excited about using her walker to eat in the dining room, meeting friends to play bingo, etc. She fell. I am knitting the prayer shawl with prayers of encouragement, healing, and love. I'm doing the basic pattern in knit 3/purl 3 alternating with purl 3/knit 3 each row AND I'm doing it with the Fibonacci sequence. I'm also doing on size 15 circulars and using Twinkle yarn. YUM!!!!!!!!! Wanna see?





And when I wasn't knitting the prayer shawl, I was staring at Victoria who was staring back at me with her long tongue of pink roving sticking out at me. The bottom line is that I'm an idiot. We won't talk about it any more today.







So after the stare down with Victoria, I re-started the sock -- this time TOP DOWN.

Stop staring!

No comments: