Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bonding

Victoria and I bonded today. It started about 10:00 a.m. when I got her out and realized she wasn't going to cooperate, so I introduced her to my boys.



That's my five year-old twins taking her for a spin. Seth is at the helm, and Eli the engineer is breaking down the mechanics of the wheel. Seth's first words when he treadled for the first time "Mom, I could do this forever" (I shit you not!!! that's what he said).

Then I called Gwen the Enabler for help getting Victoria to cooperate. She tried, and then we called Donna for help. They are officially, without a doubt, the nicest and most generous enablers I've ever known in my entire life. Truly. These are amazing women! Did you know that Donna drove an HOUR to solve Victoria's problems and sell me a $4.00 spring for Victoria? I am beyond lucky two have these two wise women in my life.

So I went home where Victoria and I bonded under the shade of our sweet gum in the front yard.




I turned piles of beautiful pink roving (created by Gwen the Enabler) into this.





This is my very first ever full bobbin of homespun. It's riddled with inconsistencies, but it's absolutely positively beautiful, don't you agree?!


Then when I ran out of pink roving, I plunged into a big bag of brown pencil roving and made this.



Then I looked up, realized that 3 hours had passed. It was time to feed and bathe my children (and myself), but most importantly, I needed to call Gwen the Enabler to get more roving tomorrow!

Yep, Victoria and I bonded and it's a really really cool thing!

1 comment:

Genuine-Lye said...

Don't you just love it when you get so absorbed in something that you don't even notice the passing of time? I remember when I learned to read, and how, after finishing that millionth Bobbsey Twin book, being quite surprised that it was one or even two in the morning. That type of thing is something you keep doing for your whole life.