Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm mad.

I'm mad and more than a little frustrated. I'm also smart enough to realize that these feelings are nothing new to knitters. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to knit. All I want to do is finish a sock so I can jump over an finish a Christmas project before I move over and finish my newest log cabin blanket and then finish the moebius shawl. Really, is this too much to ask? I'm not even asking for time to finish the two other socks I have on needles awaiting my attention.

So here I am knitting furiously wondering if I can get the aforementioned sock finished today when IT happened. I admit it, I'm cocky. I don't think this kind of thing will happen to a knitter like me. Others say they avoid it like the plague, but I just dive in and it always works out for me...until today. I was working with this wonderful wonderful self-striping almost-worsted weight yarn when disaster struck and

This:


GAVE BIRTH TO THIS:


I had a center-ball pull disaster. Worse than that, I was in denial about it. I ignored the inevitable. Cocky cocky cocky. I was just on a mission. I just wanted to finish. The good news is that as of 10:00 last night I finished. Whatd'ya think Mom? Likey likey????


I personally absolutely LOVE them and love the yarn! Did I mention love?

SO I got about an hour's worth of work done on the Christmas project this afternoon while my eldest son and I had a date. At his request we went for pizza, and then he had his first knitting lesson (from someone other than his mother who was, despite what her college diploma says, never cut out to be a teacher). According to his lovely and talented teacher he was a natural.

And when he got a bit weary of the needles and yarn, he took his teacher up on her offer to play chess:



He told me afterwards that he liked knitting but he really liked chess.

Either way, I wasn't jacking around with a center-pull disaster and was very happily working on my Christmas project.

2 comments:

Linz said...

What a cute knitting face. How did he do?

Beth in WI said...

I almost cried when I saw the snarl...I wanted to run right over and untangle it for you. And I have to show my son the picture of your son knitting. Maybe he will finally GET IT that knitting is for knitters, not just girls.