Friday, September 21, 2007

Humph!

I would not win an award for mother of the year today. Getting three boys out of the door for school has to be done with military precision. We are organized. We practice the 3 B's (Bed made; Bodies dressed; Breakfast eaten).

Instead, one of my 5 y.o. twins decided that the best way to look for his shoes was simply to walk through the house saying "I can't find my shoes." UGH! Everyone else had their shoes where they were supposed to be, but not this child. On top of that, add a mother who hates to be late and is only two cups of coffee into her day. Well...let's just say that I got them all to school in plenty of time with no blood involved...but it was nip and tuck for a few minutes here at the house. Heard of the Duggar family of 19 in Arkansas? They homeschool, and here I am in the midst of a shoe crisis getting 3 out the door to school!

In other news, my new Knit Picks Options Harmony needles arrived. I quickly put my newest BSJ on it (I'm hell bent on doing those increases correctly) and I'm thrilled. Some folks have expressed concerns that the colors would interfere with their work. I'm working with a lively self-striping DK yarn that is holding up just fine against the colors of the needles. In fact, I love the way the colors flash in and out of the yarn. Very mesmerizing. They are very very smooth and very sturdy (I'm working on size 4's) and the points are PERFECT!

Need to run to the fabric store today to find some buttons for the eyelet BSJ. Hope to finish the second BSJ this weekend.

In the meantime, time for another cuppa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those needles are beautiful. Have fun with BSJ 2. (Knit on!)