Monday, September 3, 2007

Food glorious food (and other stuff)

I'm hardly mother earth, I don't even subscribe. I do, however, remember reading my mom's copies of the Foxfire Book(s) with fascination about the different ways people live, make, earn, and strive to do better and be better. Let me repeat, I'm hardly mother earth....I'm just a wanna be.

But if you've ever wondered, wanted to do better, or be better, check out your local food coop and frequent your local farmer's market. I joined my local food coop recently and have been ecstatic with my purchases. It feels so very good to be helping local farmers (who need all the help they can get) and to help my family by providing them with healthy, local alternatives in our home. There's always something good and healthy -- and even different stuff that will excite my little (and big) men. As far as food coop's go, there's usually a modest membership fee, but to quote a popular ad campaign...membership has its privileges.

Go forth, find your local food coop (or farmer's market). Order and then order again next month and let me know what you think!

No comments: