Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I got a burr under my saddle last week and decided one of our closets needed to be reorganized. The previous owner had installed some nice enamel-covered wire shelving in the closet.



However, this particular system was too small for the closet, and it didn't work effectively. I took out the shelving, harnessed the husband to his power tools, and installed this:



Nice eh? Not sexy like enamel shelving, but much more functional and inviting. What was I to do but this:



The green and white bag on the bottom far right was my grandmother's knitting bag from the 70's. The rest of the bags are testimony to my bag fetish, while the yarn -- well, that's mostly my bulk yarn storage -- you know, yarns for sweaters and stuff mostly. The sock yarn, since it doesn't technically count as stash, is still stashed in the vintage trunk/coffee table. ;-)



Shhhhh don't tell anyone.

I think my scrapbooking supplies will be on the bottom shelves and my knitting books somewhere in between.

I feel so RICH with all these shelves!

No comments: