Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bootie Call (Subtitle: A Sock Monkey is Having His Way With Me)

For eight frickty frackin days I've knit nary a stitch except for these:



Baby booties. They're for small feet. They're not time killers. They're mindless. Right?

Horse hockey!!!! These booties are a nightmare of endless seed stitch and double layers. They're charming, and they'll be deliciously cute when I'm through with them. I've been hell bent on finishing them. There's a plethora of new babies expected in my corner of the world but as for this little product after 8 days of knitting...well, they may not be finished until the children are in kindergarten!

Today I abandoned the bootie call so that a sock monkey could have his way with me. A friend and I spied this on TV yesterday. I had to make it. All bootie discipline went out the window.

I cast on, I knit, and just an couple of hours later, I have this to show for myself:



I bet it won't take me 8 days to embroidery a nose, eyes and mouth either.

Damn booties!

No comments: