Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ducks suck!

Of the last 17 days, 15 have been spent knitting stubbornly on these:



I've knit one set of I-cord for faux laces and finished 1 and 1/3 of a duck (see the black booties above) when I decided enough was enough. I had become a slave to the pattern and it wasn't fun. Really, what's fun about size 0 needles, endless seed stitch, finishing and decorations? I'm instant-gratification girl -- I'm the one who wants it mindless and in the round and done. now. Cute is cute but not fun is NOT FUN!

With that in mind, I cast on for a reward sock



Cherry Tree Hill DK in Java. Lovely colors and absolutely deliciously soft soft soft to work with.

Oh and the sock monkey hat? Finished in just 2-3 hours, worn to school, and waiting to be blocked:





There's something enchanting about sock monkeys. I may have to knit sock monkey inspired socks (there's some on Ravelry -- go look).

Oh and for those of you curious about the aforementioned moth crisis at casa de knitting madre, the moths are gone, but most of all, they weren't the WOOL EATING moths. Thankfully it seems that the moth crisis is over.

Back to socks -- I say the baby bootie ducks SUCK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, thank goodness you didn't have woolatarian moths!! I've been wondering about your stash. super cute sock-monkey hat!!
-stork_wanted aka shoppinggirl on ravelry