Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fantasy land

I'm ignoring the booties. I find myself thinking that they'll finish themselves out of obligation and guilt for all they've put me through. Nice fantasy of mine, eh?

And while I've been in fantasy land, I've discovered the magic that is Dream in Color Smooshy:



The colorway is Cocoa Kisses, and it's much much more decadent than the picture shows. The most amazing part is that the cuff is 9.5 in. long and fits my size 10 foot quite well, although I'm making them for someone else. Think about it -- 9.5 in. cuff on women's size 10 foot with ample yarn left over to repairs, etc. This has so much yardage!!!!!!

And then yesterday while at L & B, some CoolSpun Cotton by Kertzer jumped into my hands and at $1.99 a ball, I knew it was destined to become the potholders I so desperately need.



I'm using EZ's potholder pattern from Knitter's Almanac page 20 (using double-knitting). Just another example of her fine fine genius. How did her mind dream this stuff up????

2 comments:

Christine said...

EZ rocks. That's all there is to it. I re-read that book just as nighttime reading every so often. I've never thought of making those, I'm going to have to now, those are COOL!

Anonymous said...

Those gray socks are awesome!

Great work,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca