Thursday, October 4, 2007

Kicking arse and taking names

I'm still totally totally digging the Portland sweater...although since I'm knitting it with Plymouth yarn I catch myself calling it the Plymouth sweater. I'm a little more than half done with the second sleeve. Only regret so far: that I didn't do something different with the cuff -- maybe more garter stitch. It's rolling up a bit, but I haven't blocked it yet so I'm optimistic.





Pretty 'eh? I don't know if it's gutless or wise but I decided not to bind off the first sleeve yet as I'm not convinced the length will work. Words cannot express how much I love this yarn (Plymouth Royal Silk Merino). It's got the most beautiful sheen and drape and the color (gasp)! It's just wonderful.

The problem is that with this much stockinette in the round I haven't done jack with my socks...but the sock yarn keeps arriving.



See what I mean?


It's mostly DK as I find myself still in instant gratification mode when it comes to socks. Want some, go to Etsy. I love what I've bought so far -- check out yarnmagnet, yarnchef, gypsyknits, and squoosh. I love my fingering weight yarns in theory (remember my love affair with the Jitterbug?) but I just marvel at knitting a sock in 2 days in DK weight...plus the thicker socks seem sturdier to me.

I'm fantasizing about finishing the Portland sweater this weekend, and I'll have about 3-4 hours of prime knitting time while DH and I watch OU beat the hell out of Texas in football.

Boomer Sooner!

1 comment:

Melsbells said...

I'm so jealous of all that yarn! And it's all handmade! Argh! Lucky duck!