Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I get by with a little help from my friends...

So even I the lover of all things st st in the round has begun to get tired of the Portland Sweater. Not only that, but in my lovely little fantasy world I'm still a size 10 and thought that trying the sweater on while still on the needles would be a good idea.

I'm a buffoon.

I managed to slip no less than 15 to 20 stitches off the needles in this endeavor...and I did this not once but TWICE.

I picked them back up, realized that I had a fuzzy mess right IN FRONT of the sweater and was beginning to develop a bad attitude toward the sweater. Then my angel friend came by. I'd tell you who she is but she's shy. There's even a pic of her in a previous blog entry but I didn't identify her because she's shy. She may be shy, but she is one of those knitting marvels who LOVES to fix knitting mistakes. She actually finds them soothing and challenging.

Folks, there are 252 stitches on this freakin' sweater and SHE sat down for at least and hour and fixed tiny little twisted stitches and floaters and did it HAPPILY! Of course, I felt like a complete idiot for not being that kind of knitter...but I'm just not. If I started getting hung up on (what I think are) tiny mistakes then knitting isn't fun for me. OH I love my friend.

I get by with a little help from my friends...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're welcome... it was fun fixing it and visiting with you...
J

Christine said...

Man, those are the BEST kind of knitting friends! We've got one we call the yarn whisperer. She ENJOYS doing things like that. Go figure? I just am thankful she does.