Sunday, August 31, 2008

What a nice shiraz, duct tape, and patience will do...

Think about it -- shiraz, duct tape, and patience...

Never mind.

I had seen a piece on how to make your own dress form on Knitty Gritty a year or so ago, but I recently bought Wendy Bernard's book Custom Knits which describes in detail how to do it again -- and, well, I just had to try it out.

So my friend Chris (the owner of Boatneck Bluebell version 1.0 felted) came over. With wine and duct tape in hand, we went to work. (The process is like this.)

When we were done, we had our mini-me's (although both of us imagined ourselves about 15 years thinner.)
IMG00122.jpg by you.

Let me know if you decide to try it. It was definitely entertaining...the kids particularly enjoyed running around in them. It gave us some great ideas for potential Halloween costumes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you took more pictures of the "process." I want to see those! Christy