Monday, August 25, 2008

In search of completed UFO's

I didn't make any lofty goals for my Olympic viewing knitting...other than to, um, finish every unfinished object in my house (which includes 3 sweaters, 3 pair of socks, a pi shawl, and well....that's enough for now).


What did I do instead?


I finished a market bag I started knitting exactly one year ago:

IMG00102.jpg by you.


Wow did I feel self-righteous after that. ONE WHOLE UFO finally finished after just one year!


What did I do next: I sagely started knitting mittens...because, as my Alaskan friend can attest, nothing says Oklahoma winters like wool mittens.


I give you Malabrigo burgundy:

IMG00103.jpg by you.



...and Jil Eaton (from Classic Elite):


IMG00104.jpg by you.


It's mate is on the needles now. This was my first time knitting with both of these yarns. The Malabrigo was everything I've heard it would be, but I have to tell you that the Jil Eaton is way up there too. Both have amazingly soft hands...and in my humble opinion, have a lot in common.


THEN as I suffered through the Olympic track and field events, I pushed through sleeve island and finished my Boatneck Bluebell (version 2.0 [unfelted]).

IMG00105.jpg by you.

Coming soon: pics of versions 1.0 and 2.0 together and the story of how this knitter got a bit wiser despite her stupidity!

No comments: