Monday, June 9, 2008

Hello Victoria. Remember me?

I got reacquainted with my old friend over the weekend.






This is what I did Friday evening with some of Gwen-the-Enabler's beautiful roving and a glass of wine. Despite what the picture shows, I DID spin some fine yarn, but it wasn't all fine. In fact, I am decidedly out of practice. I put her away with promises that we would get together again very very soon.


Gwen is on the road to distant knitterly and fiber-enhanced lands. Travel safely dear friend and fondle some wool for me!

I worked on the Cozy V-Neck Pullover and reasonably close to finishing the body. Remember that I'm using clearance Berocco Ultra Alpaca on this project, which shall henceforth be nicknamed my Andes Mint sweater.

See what I mean? Looks like an Andes Mint -- or mint chocolate chip ice cream.

It's a fundamentally busy piece for a sweater that looks best in one solid color. But we must remember, clearance yarn + lots of it = sweater. Must destash. Must destash.

The pattern is from Stehanie Japel's book Fitted Knits and this is the second pattern I've knit from it (the first being the doomed Bluebell Boatneck that was accidentally felted). I will next make her dropped-stitch lace tunic from the book in some lovely jewel-toned blue cotton stash. That is my reward for pushing through 30 in. of ribbing on the Andes Mint sweater. ;-)

Off to K2 P2...


1 comment:

Linz said...

Yeah, I was looking at that book yesterday at Borders and it hit me that there is a lot of ribbing. You're a trooper. I was thinking about doing that little three quarter sleeve cropped cardiganish thing with the leaf ties but in a lacey pattern, do you think it would look good?