Monday, May 26, 2008

What's it gonna be when it grows up?

About a year ago, one of my LYS had a 40% off sale. About 6 skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca jumped off the shelf and into my arms. Colors were chocolate brown, taupe, and green. I didn't have a project in mind when I bought them, and I've since learned that some alpaca is just too fuzzy for me. Kinda like knitting with a kitten around your neck or something.

Did that stop me from adding to the stash? Hell no! I've now got 5 skeins of taupe, 3 skeins of chocolate brown, and 4 skeins of green. I've been mulling these colors around for a while and all I can come up with is color blocks in a sweater.

This morning it came to me. This



is going to be an Adult Surprise Jacket when it grows up. Now to figure out how to do the striping. This catches my eye, but do I do the stripes in big blocks or thin blocks? I'm also thinking of doing the body in two colors and then the border in the third color.

Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: