Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Because yarn is a terrible thing to waste.

Last winter I fell in love with the genius that is Stephanie Japel and Fitted Knits. Her patterns are so approachable, flattering, and fun. I jumped off and made Boatneck Bluebell and knit with a fervor never before seen. I wore it for exactly 3 hours in early April. Then I felted it.


I called my friend, Chris. I showed her the shrunken felted mess and we had a memorial stout to help ease the blow. Then my friend Chris, who is a very petite gal and at least 6 sizes smaller than me, pulled the sweater over her head and walked out the door. Yep, that's right, the sweater shrunk to fit her size small frame vs. my large frame. I chalked it up to kharma and knitterly cockiness. I shouldn't have been knitting that selfishly on a sweater. I gave myself some time to digest the problems and recommitted to doing it again. I started it sometime in July and finished it in August. Meet Boatneck Bluebell versions 1.0 and 2.0 (unfelted).

Fw: Have I ever sent you these? by you.

I'm officially a dumbass. Any questions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's really funny is that it looks like it completely changed color too since the colors are from the same 'family.' Christy